Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Swap-bot: Artsy Postcards #2

The description of this swap caught my attention right away.

Are you sick of tourist postcards? Are you looking for postcards that you can hang up on your wall or refrigerator that look cool and aren't plastered with state names or countries?  THEN...
Send artsy postcards from painters (contemporary, pollock, bacon, picasso, matisse, etc, any thing that is artistic,) or DIY and make your own postcard :) You can find art postcards online, at Art Museums, or random stores (I found a bunch of artistic postcards at Job Lot).

Since I have a whole bunch of Monet postcards my grandma bought for me at the KC Art Museum, I thought this would be a good way to get rid of a few.  I don't remember which ones I sent, so here are two that could have been them:
Sorry the scans are all wonky. I sent them on July 7th, 2010.

And here's what I got in return:
Received July 9, 2010 from Bonnie in North Carolina.  I love it!

Received July 12, 2010 from Violet in Seattle.  There was a lovely sticker of a swallow on the back, along with an ink stamp that says "Snail Mail" and a drawing of a snail. How cute is that?

I think I got the waaaaaay better end of the deal, don't you?

2 comments:

Anonymous Witch said...

Where do you find all these amazing postcards?
All the ones I see here are absolute cheese or gimmiky pop art.

Jenny Lou Who said...

I went to a kitschy shop in Old Market in Omaha and they had all these boxes and packs of super postcards. I picked one called "Ocean's Sweaty Face" because it had 100 cards for $24.99, and they were all weird. :) The cards I sent for the above swap, though, were from my grandma from the KC Art Museum. But you can go to websites to get cool packs of cards for pretty cheap, or I'm sure there's some kitschy shops out there somewhere. I'll email you some web addys.

Post a Comment