Thursday, July 15, 2010

It has happened. I'm officially FAMOUS.

So today I was going along in my Google Reader, just checking out the various blogs I follow, when I saw this:

I was like, "how did I subscribe to my own blog? That's weird. Oh wait...that's not my blog.  That's Recycled Crafts." Then slowly it dawned on me....I've....been....featured!  OMG!
Look! Just Look! That's me! That's my backyard! That's my head!!!!!
I've been mentioned before as a buddy on Finding My Spark, but I've never been featured for one of my crafts!
I mean, I've only been blogging for like 3 months. I never thought anyone would read it, but some people did, and that was cool.  But this!  I immediately left a comment.
I called my husband downstairs, yelling, "Nate! NATE! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!" He ran up the stairs because he thought maybe I was dying or I saw a huge hairy spider, then I started hopping in my seat and screaming, "I'VE BEEN FEATURED! OH MY GOD!" Then the dogs got into it and all 3 of them were barking and jumping around and running into walls and stuff.  Meanwhile, my husband calmly read the post, said, "That's great, dear," and went back downstairs.  At least the dogs love me. 


Then I wondered, was she going to tell me? Isn't that a basic tenet of blog etiquette? That you should tell someone you are featuring them, using their pics, or linking them? I always do....Oh well.  I'm just happy this happened! SQUEE!!!!

2 comments:

Huzzah! Vintage said...

what a fantastic surprise! I can only imagine the weird moment of recognition you must have experienced as you scrolled through your reader! ~ congrats

Samantha said...

"At least the dogs love me"! That is so totally what my husband would have done!!!! We have 2 dogs of our own and 1 foster dog (most days) so I can imagine them all running around, jumping...while hubby just turns up the TV!

I came over from Swap-Bot, Love2Teach, for the I'm a Blogger, Follow Me swap!

Post a Comment