Saturday, July 31, 2010

Basement Curtains

A few years ago I made a set of curtains for our townhouse upstairs, heavy to keep out the heat of the sun.  When we moved, I only had one window they would fit. In the kitchen next to the back door:
They look kinda wonky here but they're straight.
For the first year that I lived in this house, I had the ugliest curtains on the planet in the laundry room.  I wish I had taken a picture of them, just to show you how hideous they were.  The were orange and brown with diamonds or something, and so crusty and dust-covered that I'm pretty sure they were original to the house. As in 1954.  The reason that I don't have a pic is because as soon as I had the idea to replace them (see below), I took them down and shuddered as I stuffed them into the garbage can, trying not to inhale the cloud of dust and God-knows-what that flew into the air.
Here's what the laundry room wall looks like (just ignore the pretty curtains and place in your mind ugly orange and brown monstrosities):
There's no curtain rod, but some previous owner had fixed that with some kind of thin wood stick and some bent nails. Genius.
This is what it looks like now. Isn't it lovely? And in the daytime, the room is filled with a soft green glow. Ahhh.
And, for your amusement, here is a pic of Teddy, looking at me like, "WTF are you doing on top of the freaking dryer?" 
He literally follows me everywhere I go. It's pretty much adorable.

1 comments:

B said...

Aw he IS pretty much adorable! The pattern for the curtains is pretty much adorable too, I love the green. hehe. {billiemonster from swap-bot}

Post a Comment