Monday, May 10, 2010

Mammoth Salted Nuts

I found this tin at a killer yard sale last summer.  It's been sitting on my shelf, waiting to become something fabulous, all this time.  Last week I was painting my toenails - and genius hit me!  Why store my cotton balls in this flimsy plastic bag that never seals right when I can store them in this tin?


Here's a picture of the bottom of the tin.  


It says:
CHEINCO
HOUSEWARES
J.CHEIN & CO
BURLINGTON, N.J.
08016

(At least I think that's what the numbers say. They're a bit tiny.)


~

First I cleaned it out really thoroughly.  It was a bit grody.


Then I cut out a round of heavy fabric for the bottom.  I sprayed the fabric with spray adhesive, and placed it in the tin.  Oops! I guess my "circle" wasn't round enough!




I filled it with cotton balls and admired my "work!"



That's all for now! Thanks for reading!

[Edit: I was curious as to how old this piece was, and who made it, so I did a little research.  You can read all about J. Chein & Company and the man himself, Julius Chein.  I couldn't, however, find out much about the Mammoth Salted Nuts (snort) other than people selling the tins themselves here.]

0 comments:

Post a Comment