Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Swap-bot: Black & White PC Swap

Swap-bot swap: Black & White Handmade Postcard SwapI swap with Swap-bot!


This is another handmade swap, by the same woman who hosted the butterfly handmade swap.
For this swap, you will send your 1 swap partner 1 4x6" postcard, with a theme of black and white....think black silhouettes on white paper, drawings with black ink on white paper, drawings with white ink on black paper, collages, anything goes, just keep it Black and White! Postcards will be sent without envelope.
I took a cardboard food package and cut a 4"x6" section out. I bought a bunch of mostly torn up sheet music from a thrift store for about $0.25 a while back, and it ended up being organ music for Easter.  It was sort of antiqued white rather than white white, but I figured that should count. I used mod podge to adhere the paper to the cardboard, then added the music notes with black sharpie.  When it was dry, I sprayed it all with acrylic sealer.
Here's the result:
That's a quarter rest on the top, and the other is a quarter C note.  I was so happy with it that I made one to keep:
This one is just a plain old quarter note. I rather like the one I sent better, which is why I sent it. The staffs look crooked, but that's just my scanner. I put them in wonky and was too lazy to open the photo editing software to straighten them properly. I hope I don't get marked "3" for not following the guidelines because it's not exactly white...
Here's what I got in return:
Received July 22, 2010 from Evelyn.  
It doesn't look handmade, but I'm pretty sure it is.  There are places you can get peel and stick postcard backing, and that looks like what this is, with a photo printed off. She doesn't describe who the people in the photo are. Left me wondering!  I didn't scan the back, but she did stamp it with this really neat "Postcard" emblem that makes it look almost professionally made.  Maybe someday when I am rich I will be that classy. Snort.

0 comments:

Post a Comment