Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Postcards

I love this image. Doesn't it look like the doll is saying take my picture and I will murder you with my plastic flowers?  

I received this beauty from the Netherlands via Postcrossing on June 12, 2010.  It looks vintage, but I'm pretty sure it's new because of the quality of the cardstock.  

The caption on the back makes no sense to me as I'm not even sure what language it is in.  Maybe someone can help me out. "176. Kathe Kruse. 1929. Uvachrom - Duitsland."  The "a" in "Kathe" has those two little dots over it.  I can figure that this is #176 of a series of prints by this Kruse woman, maybe photos taken in 1929.  The last part sounds like a place, maybe some place in the Netherlands? Although, I have been there, and it doesn't look like Dutch to me...

The message written says, "Hello Jenny, I live in Rotterdam [I've been there!] a big city and famous harbour with my husband in the Netherlands. I work in the present-shop of my daughter. We sell presents from Spain, Morocco and Mexico. I like my job. Greetings and nice summertime.  Annemiek, 7 - 6 - 2010."  Since July 6th hasn't happened yet, I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess she's doing the European date thing and means she sent it on June 7, 2010.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment