Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Oooo Oooo! Postcard from Russia!

I know I've been doing a lot of postcard posts lately, but it's a hobby that I have that is free.  Have I told you guys yet how much Postcrossing rocks my socks? Yes. I have. But I'm telling you again.  Because today I went out to get the mail, and I was feeling a little glum and under the weather.  I leafed through a grocery ad, junk mail, bill, ad, magazine, POSTCARD FROM FREAKING RUSSIA.  I had to type all in caps, I was that excited.

Here it is, in all its glory:
Makes me want to go there.  Now.

And the reverse:
Don't you just love the stamps? To me, the stamps and the post office markings are as interesting as the postcard itself.

If you can't read the message, it says, "Hello Jenny! My name is Maria. I'm from Moscow, Russia.  I'm very glad to send you this postcard. This is the St. Basil's Cathedral. It is situated in the Red Square in the Centre of Moscow.  Hope you'll enjoy this postcard. Best wishes to you from Maria (Sh-ma)."

I blackened out the postcard number and my address, but left the USA part because I have never seen it written that way! I can't read cursive Russian. Maybe one of you can? It probably just says "United States of America" or something boring like that.  But it could say, "You just won a million dollars!" or, "Your hair looks fabulous!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment